Frequently Asked Questions

Can I open a Junior Account for my grandchild?

Yes, the common bond is extended to grandchildren.  The same procedure is in place as if you were setting the junior account up for your child. 

Can I open a Junior Account for my grandchild if their parents are not serving police officers/staff?

Yes.  As long as you are a member within our "Common Bond" opening the account for your grandchild or child.  

Does my child/grandchild need to reside at my address to eligible?

No.  We no longer require "same address criteria".  

Do I have to make a monthly payment to the Junior Account?

No, you may make periodic lump sum deposits at any time. Since children do not have a regular income, we do not ask that they save regularly.

Can I set up monthly savings if I wish?

Yes, we can amend your existing monthly deduction to include a payment to your child’s account.

Will Junior Accounts receive the same dividend as Adult Accounts?

Yes.  All individual Harp and Crown Credit Union members receive an annual dividend into their account.

What identification will be required for my child to open an account?

All we need is a copy of the child’s birth certificate, and a completed application form.

Can any parent open a Junior Account and be Trustee of it?

Only the qualifying member may open an account for a child – ie. The serving or retired officer or PSNI staff, who is already a member of the Harp and Crown. Any subsequent family members are therefore ‘care of’ the lead member.

Can my child withdraw monies without my knowledge?

No, we request that any withdrawals are made by the Adult Trustee solely, or along with the child. The Junior Member will be unable to make any withdrawals or changes to the account without the Trustee’s authorisation.

How can I make lump sum lodgements funds to the Junior Account?

You may call to the office with cash, post in a cheque, or telephone the office with a Debit Card.

Why can't I see my "Junior" accounts in online banking?

Online banking is only available to ages 18 years+ (Junior accounts are registered for 15 years and under).  If you would like to check your Junior's balance or make a share withdrawal request, simply email us at and we will respond as quick as we can.

What happens when my Junior turns 16 years?

Once a Junior account holder turns 16 years, their account becomes an Adult Saver account.  They can continue saving but their personal details must be updated (a minimum £10 per month us required to keep the account active).  More detail HERE.

Harp and Crown Credit Union Ltd are authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Firm Reference Number (FRN) 577113. For details visit
regulator fca fcsc